This month, I get to try out and review the REN Skincare Pure Glow Trio. These products were given to me for free, in exchange for my honest review. The package includes the Purity Cleansing Balm, Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask and the Flash Rinse 1 minute facial. I’ve seen ads in magazines for this skincare line but personally have never tried them before. They can be purchased online from REN Skincare or at retail stores like Sephora or Nordstrom.
Let’s start with the Rosa Centifolia™ No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm
What it does:
- Calms, soothes and purifies.
- Protects the skin’s defense barrier against everyday environmental stress, free radicals and pollution.
- Removes impurities including waterproof mascara
- Conditions lashes and brows
- Roman Chamomile Oil and Pink Violet Leaf Extract (calm redness and soothe the skin)
- Rose Oil (known for its stress relieving aroma therapeutic properties)
- Prebiotic Oligosaccharides (protect and maintain the skin’s defence barrier by supporting good bacteria)
- Lecithin (helps retain moisture in the skin)
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Glyceryl Cocoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Parfum (Fragrance), Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Viola Odorata Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Lecithin, Benzyl Alcohol, Oryzanol, Tocopherol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Linalool
How to use:
Apply on dry skin and massage all over face and neck. Add very little water to your hands and massage over the areas to emulsify the cleanser into a milky texture. Using the included muslin cloth, wipe away all the makeup and dirt. Then finally rinse with warm water. Use daily.
So, my first impression from the first day is as follows. While in the shower, I used this cleanser to remove all the makeup off my face. The texture was like Vaseline but smelled great -the rose ingredient really stood out scent wise, very refreshing. I was curious to see how much makeup it would actually remove because it was very balmy and not soapy like most cleansers I’m used to. As soon as I got out of the shower I looked in the mirror and surprisingly saw no traces of makeup. This included my pencil eyeliner which usually gets smudged and leaves remnants of splotches under my eyes. Impressively, there wasn’t any leftover liner to be seen. After drying my skin, it still felt balmy but not sticky or slimy. My skin has the tendency to be sensitive to products with similar texture and I was afraid it would clog my pores or breakout the next day. Well, next morning I touch my face and it felt so hydrated and moisturized. Skin feels supple and smooth. Happy to say no clogged pores or signs of breakouts surfacing. So far, I’m really liking this cleanser and have used it for a couple weeks now and still have the same outcome. I definitely recommend this product for all skin types as it gives your skin the hydration and moisture your skin craves and needs. This is especially great for very dry tight skin as it will bring back that much needed suppleness it’s lost from lack of moisture.
Next is the Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
What it does:
- Removes dead skin cells to renew the complexion
- Skin looks brighter, healthier, more radiant
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage and hyperpigmentation
- Combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes
- Exfoliates and lifts dead skin to improve texture, skintone and firmness
- Natural fruit acids from passion fruit, lemon, grape and pineapple, along with
- Papain from papaya exfoliate the outer layer of the skin, encouraging cell turnover and smoothing fine lines
Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Extract, Lecithin, Lactic Acid, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Alcohol Denat., Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Tocopherol.
How to use:
On cleansed skin, apply a generous amount all over your face and avoid the eye area or sensitive parts of your skin. Leave the mask on for about 10 minutes then remove with the enclosed cloth. May feel a tingling sensation, this is normal, but if it’s too much for your skin then leave on for less amount of time. Do not use on thin, sensitive skin types as this may over stimulate. Avoid direct sunlight exposure and use spf as the skin will be more sensitive to light after exfoliation. Use weekly.
First of all, I love chemical peels and have used some with higher amounts of glycolic acid because my skin can handle it. This product has 6.5% of glycolic acid that comes from natural fruit acids. When I applied this mask on my face, there wasn’t any tingling sensation at all. It was a cooler gentle mask with a gel like texture. After a couple use, I didn’t notice too much of a difference on my skin but did notice it brightened up a bit as it may have removed surface dead skin. Like the cleanser above, this mask left my skin feeling moisturized and hydrated. I have age spots and minor blemishes and I’m hoping overtime and continuous use that this mask will help lighten them up.
Final product in this trio is the Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial
What it does:
- Skin instantly looks brighter and smoother.
- Tones, firms and banishes urban grey.
- Skin feels firmer and re-energized.
- Reduces the appearance of lines, imperfections and photo-ageing.
- Delivers a potent shot of vitamin C, about 10%, with each use for an instantly brighter, even-toned complexion
- Short term, Vitamin C dramatically brightens the complexion, evens skin tone and has an instant firming and smoothing effect.
- Long term it stimulates collagen production to aid skin elasticity and firmness and helps to reduce oxidative and UV damage.
- Vitamin C from Ascorbic Acid stimulates collagen synthesis, evens out skin tone and provides instant radiance to the skin
- Boswellic Acid from Boswellia Serrata Bark relaxes micro-contractions of facial tissue to smooth lines
- Glycogen Magnesium from Marine Glucose Mineral boosts skin energy and radiance
Coconut Alkanes, Ascorbic Acid, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Silica, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Mannitol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Yeast Extract, Copper Pca, Boswellia Carterii Oil, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Glycogen, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Limonene.
How to use:
After cleansing, apply all over face and neck in circular motions. Dampen fingers with water and massage all over to activate the vitamin c. Leave for a minute then rinse. Use every 3 days.
Mmmm…the scent of Vitamin C is strong on this one. I loved it! It was like my skin was getting an immunity shot. After a couple weeks and a few uses, I’ve noticed my skin looking less dull and a lot more brightened up. This is great to use after a night or nights of no sleep to give your skin that bit of energy boost to look more radiant and energized.
The combination of these 3 products go hand in hand in helping your skin look a lot more alive, radiant and refreshed. As I age, my skin has been needing a lot more attention in the ‘radiant’ department and I’m glad I’ve been introduced to these products. There are several other products in this skincare line that I’ll be checking out in the near future.
Discover our bestselling Radiant Skin Solutions for glowing, healthier-looking skin.HYD… [More]
Have you tried this trio or any products from REN Skincare before? If so, which one do you like most? Would love to hear about it, feel free to comment below.
**Disclosure: This is a sponsored post where I received the products free to review and contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.